2012-05-29

First Ever iPad Wristwatch

The Metawatch is now iPad (3) compatible thanks to Bluetooth 4. It will also work with the iPhone 4S. What other watch can do that? None. No, the soon to exist Pebble is not going to be iPad compatible (Although obviously that could change in the future as feature-creep sets in).

So do you want to fork over $200 for an iPhone/iPad compatible watch? Well, I did. Free shipping to Canada on the Texas Instruments estore ($20 on the Metawatch site). Hopefully, by the time I get it next week, there will be an iOS app in iTunes so I can actually use it without writing my own app.

I'll probably have to pay for the HST, but I'm curious about duty. Where is it made?

I'll write a review when I get it/figure out how to use it.

More pictures here (the Android compatible version has been out for a while).

Video of the previous Android-only version:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I noticed that you've written about Kickstarter campaigns, and although your article is a bit old, I just thought that you might be interested in ours.

We've launched our very own crowdfunding campaign for our company, Protos Eyewear, to crowdfund custom fit eyewear made via 3D printing.

We actually wanted to use the Kickstarter platform but it's unfortunate that they no longer allow eyewear. In turn, we have had to work extra hard to get the word out; And if it's okay, we would love to get your help and support in any way, shape or form.

Please do check us out at protoseyewear.com to get a jist of what our project is about. We would be forever grateful if you can share our project with your readers, friends, or whoever you think would be interested.

All the information is on the site, but should you have any inquiries or concerns regarding our campaign, please feel free to contact me and I'll certainly get back to you as soon as I can.

Labels

Canada (204) Internet (124) TV (104) iPhone (103) World (99) Liberal Party (65) New Brunswick (44) OUI (43) Ipod touch (33) Media (33) haha (29) Bus (26) Environment (16) StreetView (16) La politique (15) Twitter (15) Travel (12) wmtc (12) Books (11) iPad (11) Gadgets (10) Cancer (7) Monde (6) tetesaclaques (6) HOC (5) Shoshana (4) Games (2) Index (1) tac (1)

Twitter Updates