2009-03-06

Most Britons have lied about the books they read

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/FullArticle/p.rdt/CODD/noddlyEnoughNews_uUSTRE5244MG20090305

2,3 million Brits have lied about reading Dreams of My Father (margin
of error, 1 million people).

Thankfully, I can tell the truth about reading two of the top 9:
Dreams of My Father and War and Peace.

Both are excrutiatingly boring. So the question should have been "what
books have you lied about finishing?".

Because I have read both. Finished? Not so much. Although in my
defence, I already knew the ending of Obama's book (spoiler alert: he
lives hapil
y ever after).

My excuse in the case of War and Peace is that I'm not gay. And by the
way, you'd think a book set in Russia with that kind of title would
have a freeking war in it? Or a least a sword fight or KGB
assasinations.

If you do want to read a book about leaders and war and peace, try
Paris 1919, by Canadian (insert name here).

That book was given to George Bush by Paul Martin. I wonder if George
W. lied about reading it.

Envoyé depuis mon iPhone / Sent from my iPhone.

No comments:

Labels

Canada (204) Internet (124) TV (104) iPhone (103) World (99) Liberal Party (65) New Brunswick (44) OUI (43) Ipod touch (33) Media (33) haha (29) Bus (26) Environment (16) StreetView (16) La politique (15) Twitter (15) Travel (12) wmtc (12) Books (11) iPad (11) Gadgets (10) Cancer (7) Monde (6) tetesaclaques (6) HOC (5) Shoshana (4) Games (2) Index (1) tac (1)

Twitter Updates