2007-07-17

Maketing 2.0

DVD Of People playing cards.
Every once and while, I have to admit I'm clueless and will surely spend the rest of my life poor. "Let's film people playing cards and put it on TV". I would have vetoed that one. "Let's make a "best of", put it on a DVD and sell it for C$33.86". I not only would have vetoed that, I would have fired the person who came up with the idea.
 
Free High Speed Internet?
By the way, Rogers will give you a $200 shopping channel gift card for subscribing to "Express" 7 mbps Internet ($45/month), no term required. Apart from a $5 activation fee, I've yet to find the small print where Rogers shows you it isn't actually giving you 4 months free Internet (no term required). Granted if you use the $200 gift card on gambling DVDs, I'm pretty sure Ted (Rogers) still wins.
 
Twice As Fast For the Same Price
In other news, Rogers just doubled my Internet connection. Ultra-light is still $19.95/month for the first 12 months ($24.95 thereafter), but you get 256 kbs instead of 128 kbs. Granted, I would have preferred they halved the cost of my subscription instead. But considering that dial-up (56kbs) is actually more expensive, I'll take it (I might even forgive them for taking away newsgroups a couple of years ago).
 
 
tSc Price: $33.86

No comments:

Labels

Canada (204) Internet (124) TV (104) iPhone (103) World (99) Liberal Party (65) New Brunswick (44) OUI (43) Ipod touch (33) Media (33) haha (29) Bus (26) Environment (16) StreetView (16) La politique (15) Twitter (15) Travel (12) wmtc (12) Books (11) iPad (11) Gadgets (10) Cancer (7) Monde (6) tetesaclaques (6) HOC (5) Shoshana (4) Games (2) Index (1) tac (1)

Twitter Updates